No courses found in this category yet
Updates on the use of Simulation Based Medical Education within this Speciality
Examples of some of the uses for simulation in Medical Education
- Education – from Undergraduate to Consultant level Simulation can be used in a variety of ways to teach both technical and non-technical skills.
- Exams – Simulation is already being used for the PLAB exams and some of the anaesthetics exams. Likely to see this increasing in more areas in the future.
- Quality improvement – eg UHNT are using simulation to trial out new ways of organising the paediatric resuscitation department
- Patient Safety – eg UHNT are using simulation to improve Non-invasive ventilation delivery
- Patient and Parental Education
- Assessment – Simulation can be used for cases we see infrequently eg burns, anaphylaxis etc where it may be difficult for trainees to be observed managing a real-life case
- Innovation and research
Dr Nadia Stock
Simulation Fellow & Acute Medical Registrar